Friday, January 28, 2011

Top 10/Bottom 10, Song, Video and Pic of This Week

This is this week's Top 10 things for the week of January 21st- January 28th:
Top 10

1. BYU-SDSU game. The Jimmer Show. Refer to yesterday's post.

2. Mission Call Shout-outs. Congrats to Greg Fitzpatrick for his call to Buenos Aires, Argentina; Andre Gigena for his call to Ventura, California; Kyle Davidson for his call to the Baltic Mission; Taylor Lewis for his call to Kobe, Japan.

3. Class being cancelled on a Friday. What better thing can happen than when your Econ professor announces that he is going to the Netherlands and class is cancelled?

4. Blowing stuff up in class. I particularly enjoy it when my Physical Science professor decides to make Friday a review day where he demonstrates what we've learned through the unit by blowing stuff up.

5. Naps. Remember when you were 8 years old and you used to fight your parents whenever they told you to take a nap? Well, now you're 18 and you fight for a nap.

6. ESPN. Finally, ESPN is giving BYU the credit it deserves. They hyped up the BYU-SDSU game, they gave Jimmer the POY consideration he deserves. Probably because BYU signed a multi-million dollar deal contract with them.

7. Apple Beer. Over the past week, I have drank (drunk, drunken?) 12 bottles of Apple Beer. Yummy, but probably not healthy.

8. Elder D. Todd Christofferson and Cecil O. Samuelson. It's not every day that you see elderly people cheering and shouting with a lot of intensity. Much less, general authorities of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Normally, laid back, Cecil was getting into it. And Elder Christofferson was getting into it too, even storming the court (more on that later).

9. Acclimation to the climate. You know you have acclimated to the climate when you've lived in Texas most of your life but on Tuesday, you endure a "blizzard" with only a light jacket on. Yes, that's acclimation.

10. Physical Science test reviews with cute TA's that are single. Yes, I did the ring check. She's a senior flute performance major. Somewhat of an airhead, however. Eh, I've got others on my mind.

Bottom 10

1. Fans storming the court. Again, refer to my rant about fans storming the court. As a basketball player, it's just way too dangerous.

2. Broken water heaters. It really stinks when you are getting ready to take a shower and find out the water is broken. And because you smell really bad, you need to take a shower. So you walk in 10 degree temperatures to Merrill Hall.

3. The smell in my room. I don't even know what the smell is. My roommate's sense of smell has been burned out and he can't smell it anymore. I, unfortunately, still can smell that horrendous smell that, no matter what I do, will not go away.

4. My room cleanliness. While I'm complaining about my room, I will continue by complaining about the cleanliness of my room. It's filthy. All my crap is everywhere. And while I really want to clean it up, I have no desire to actually clean it.
Not my room, but just as bad

5. Budge Hall. Do not get me wrong, I love this hall. But compared to other halls, we got the short end of the stick. Broken TV's, broken water heaters, low shower heads, a musty smell.

6. My ability to talk with pretty girls about... stuff. Mostly, phone numbers and dates. No further comment.

7. NCIS. I love NCIS. NCIS is by far my favorite TV show. Why are they in my Bottom 10? Because they didn't have a new episode this week. So, NCIS, this week you are in my Bottom 10. Please do not disappoint me next week.

8. Printer's without ink. It's not fun when you're printing an assignment that you finished at 1am only to realize your printer has run out of ink.

9. Egypt. Now, I'm really not too sure what's going on over there. Much of the international news I'm not quite up to speed yet. But, for what I know, Egypt deserves to be in my Bottom 10.

10. BYU Ticket Office. The distribution of wristbands for this game was a really hassle. They said one thing, then did another, then another, without giving much notice. Please fix this for the next game.

Song of the Week

Amazing- TJ Fredette. Normally, I'm not a huge fan of hard rap songs, but, not gonna lie, this is a pretty good one. None of the stuff that's normally talked about in other hard rap songs, doesn't cuss either. Also, it's Jimmer Fredette's brother.

Video of the Week


Voice over of animals

Pic of the Week

Antoine Dogson
And there you have it. This week's Top 10/Bottom 10, Song, Video and Pic.
My friends, God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment