Friday, February 11, 2011

Top 10/Bottom 10, Song, Video and Pic of This Week

So I just realized that this is my first post in a week. And I also noticed that I have 5 drafts of posts that I wanted to post this week but never found the time to do it. This week has been really stressful for me. 3 tests, losing assignments last minute. Yeah, not a very fun week. But, it is Friday. And Friday means I pick out the best and the worst of this week. So let's start.

1. Letter from my sister- After weeks of not receiving any mail from anyone in my family back home (and a week of just no mail period), I get a letter from my sister, who claims that she hates me so much even though she signs it by saying "Love." Also, the envelope was covered with stickers of tellietubbies, barbie, little mermaid, and other feminine things. I'm not allowed to reveal anything specific in the letter (lest I never get a letter again), but it included stuff about guys she likes, how she has to approve of every girl I meet, and Carl's Jr. fries. And she called a Sadie Hawkins' dance a Cindy Crawford dance and a Tony Hawk dance. 
2. Creative preference dance invitations- Wow, things are really different here. Back home, there was no such thing as a preference dance. And there is no such thing as creative dance invitations. Back home, you go up to someone and ask them to a dance. Here, people go all out. Scavenger hunts, poems, interpretive dances. Though my favorite has to be how I was asked: Sadie Hawkins by Relient K with the words twisted around asking me to the dance. Excellent job. I really enjoyed it. 
3. Americas High School boys varsity basketball- Gotta give a shout-out to my boys. They're 24-5 (13-1) when nobody really expected them to be able to do much. They're in first place in district and with another win will clinch at least a share of the district championship.
4. Americas High School girls freshman basketball- Also gotta give a shout-out to the girl's freshman team. Posted a 23-0 record for the season. Nice job.
5. Piano class- I really like my piano teacher, Dr. Rich. He is an amazing pianist and is just as amazing as a teacher. I have learned a lot from him and expanded my repertoire of music.
6. Pandora- Pandora is a college student's dream. Free online radio where you get to pick what you want to listen to. Right now I have some piano music going, which really helps me concentrate.
7. Organ- Once again, organ is in my top 10. I simply love my organ class. For my big organ piece, I have decided to play Prelude and Fugue in G minor by J.S. Bach
8. Fugitive- Yes, running around the streets of Provo and Orem at midnight while trying to make it to the finish line without getting caught is very fun. Especially for people like Spencer...
9. Making people smile- I made a goal this semester to make more people smile. I just like making people smile. So I hope I'm doing that a little better this semester.
10. Valentine's cards- It's almost Single's Awareness Day, but it's nice when you get valentines from people who really care about you. I have a few hanging on my fridge. 


1. Michele Peralta- Michele, your letter to the editor sparked a whole new wave of funny Jimmermania.The feedback from other BYU fans was absolutely hilarious. And you ended up on ESPNCBS Sports and Yahoo. So consider yourself lucky. But next time, do not go off on a bunch of Jimmer fans. 
2. Jimmermania- With that said, Jimmermania has gotten way out of hand. I don't mind all the jokes and everything (in fact, I've been on-board for a while, and especially with the letter, my love for Jimmermania has increased), but when you start getting sac-religious with it, then that's taking it too far. I will say though, some of these things are just so darn funny. 
3. Laundry- Gosh, I hate doing laundry. It's so bad that I am going through clothes a third time so I don't have to do it. Hey, as long as they don't smell, I'm good.
4. Tests- 3 tests for 3 classes over 3 days. Not fun.
5. The cleanliness of my room- Again, my messy room is in the bottom 10. Probably because of all the dirty laundry on the floor.
6. My lack of creativity- I have never been a very creative person, and it frustrates me sometimes. I can't even make a valentine card that looks nice because I just can't draw, can't write, and can't do anything that looks nice. Oh well.
7. Misplaced assignments- Word from The Nathan (ooh Jimmer fans, I just preceded my name with a capital The; spam me like Michele Peralta): Don't misplace 10 assignments the day before they are due.
8. My sleep patterns- Ugh, my sleep patterns are all haywire now. I get 5 hours of sleep at night but then I compensate by taking a 2 hour nap during the day. I love naps, but not everyday, which is what has been happening. Somehow, I need to get back into a normal, non-college student sleeping routine.
9. Letters from my dentist and insurance company- You don't even say "sincerely, your dental insurance company."
10. "Your file is too large-" While trying to send a simple photo, upload a crappy recording, e-mail a video, I got that message at least 10 times this week.

Song of the Week

Jessica's Theme- Bruce Rowland- I love the music soundtrack from "The Man From Snowy River" and this is my favorite song from the movie.

Video of the Week

Ok this is a collection of videos that are just flat out lucky. Some of you in Mr. Peters' physics class will remember this video. Enjoy.



Pic of the Week


I could not narrow this down to just one pic. So here's a compilation of some of the funnier Jimmermania pics that have come in recent days.


My friends, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment