Monday, February 6, 2012

My First Transfer!


Hello everyone,
 
After 5 1/2 months of being in North Hollywood, I am being transferred. It came as a really big surprise to everyone, including all the missionaries, because everyone was pretty sure that I would be training again for one more transfer. But no, the Lord had other plans for me.

I'm being transferred to Little Rock, a little town with a small Spanish branch about 30-45 minutes from Palmdale. Elder Bushman will be staying here in North Hollywood. My new companion's name is Elder Black, who I basically know nothing about. So I get to go up to the desert in the same zone as Elder Hawke. In fact, he is my zone leader. And I get to be a normal missionary now!! No more being a trainer or being a trainee or being a district leader!! No more 2 hours of companionship study that takes forever and we don't get out of the house until 1:00!!! And no more staying up late trying to figure out last minute goals and numbers and fixing problems!!! I can just be a regular old missionary.

As far as the Little Rock area, I'm not too familiar with it. From what I know, the area is really struggling right now, kinda like our area was struggling about three or four weeks ago. I think I'm gonna be one of those missionaries that gets sent to certain areas to bring an area back up to speed, 'cuz that's kinda what we did with North Hollywood 5th. So I probably won't have too many baptisms. 

I'm kinda sad to leave. I have a really close connection with the ward here (which is probably the reason why I'm leaving in the first place). It's even more sad because our district and our area is at this point where we are so close to having success and I won't be there to see all the success happen. Our area has two people ready to get baptized, the hermanas have two people ready to get baptized and the zone leaders have one. Hopefully I'll be able to come down and see those people get baptized (we're allowed to come down and see people we taught get baptized).

I learned a lot from being a district leader and being a trainer. It was a really good opportunity for me to learn how to be an effective leader.

Nicolas came to church yesterday, so we were really excited about that. We think the situation with his wife has settled down a bit, so I'm hoping that everything will go well with that.

Not much else to report on. This week was kinda a slow week for us.

Take care.
 
Con amor,
 
Elder Nathan Gruenewald

No comments:

Post a Comment